It’s that time of year again! Subscriber renewals are underway and the little elves (i.e. me) are hard at work updating information and processing subscriptions. If you’ve already sent in your subscription, congratulations! You’ve unlocked the door to a wealth of resources and assets to make your legal life a little easier. If you’re on the fence about continuing your subscription, let me remind you of all the amazing things you get as a subscriber to the Hamilton County Law Library.
- Free CLE’s. We give credit in Ohio and Kentucky for the majority of our CLEs. Topics are varied and include both Professional Conduct and General credit. We offer both live, in-person classes as well as self-study sessions. Check out our calendar for upcoming CLE’s in 2018!
- Remote research assistance. This is more than just “I need ORC 2925.12 annotated” or “I need sample forms to commence a suit” (though we do that too!). We are happy to perform in-depth legal research so that you don’t have to. “What are all the possible objections to requests for admissions?” “I know it says somewhere that Social Security payments can be continued throughout an appeal process, but where does it actually say that?” And more!
- Access to proprietary databases. Here in the Law Library we have databases like Westlaw, Hannah (the Ohio Capitol Connection), Verdict Search, and the National Consumer Law Center. Solo attorneys and 100% subscribing firms have remote access to databases like Fastcase, CCH Intelliconnect and HeinOnline*.
- Circulation of materials. Subscribers have borrowing privileges for our extensive print collection along with our ever-growing ebook collection. Books can be checked out for 2 weeks and renewed up to two times as long as no one else is waiting for them.
- Computer lab, subscriber lounge, meeting rooms. Consider us your office away from office. We offer a state-of-the-art computer lab with free faxing and scanning as well as discounted printing and copying for our subscribers. Our lounge has comfy seating with fresh coffee, tea and filtered water along with current magazines and newspapers. Meeting rooms (with more coming!!) can be reserved or used on a first-come, first-served basis for meetings with clients or simply a quiet place to work. We offer all the amenities of a modern office in a convenient location here in the Courthouse!
- Teleconferencing services. Is your client currently incarcerated? Do they live in another state? Do you need to take a deposition from someone who isn’t local? Why not use our teleconferencing services? We offer multiple connection methods and work with the contact beforehand to ensure there are no technical glitches the day of the event.
- Email updates and substantive topical alerts. We offer a wide variety of updates and alerts that can be customized to each individual subscriber’s needs.
If you’re still not convinced, send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we can sit down together to discuss exactly what the Law Library can do for you. We would love to meet your legal information needs!
Not a subscriber yet? Sign up here!
*HeinOnline available for remote access to firms with fewer than 50 attorneys.