Browse through a list of free resources readily available to you:
The Law Library is open to the public during its regular business hours, Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. No fee is charged to members of the general public for access to the Law Library. We will answer basic questions about where we are located and the services we provide by phone or email, but we do not supply articles, cases, or other materials by phone or email to non-subscribers. The general public, including non-subscribing attorneys, are welcome to use library materials on-site. None of our services shall be construed as giving legal advice.
The Law Library has an annual subscription service that provides some resources and services that are restricted to elected officials, judges, and library subscribers. Extend the reach of your law or other professional practice by becoming a subscriber today and taking advantage of the services and extensive collection of the Library.
To get started:
Members of the public are welcome to come into the Law Library during Courthouse hours, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. You may call in advance with questions about library resources and services, but we do not answer legal questions by phone and we do not offer any legal advice.
Once in the Law Library, you may use any materials from our collection on-site. We have copiers that will photocopy, scan, or email your documents. Copies or print outs are 15 cents per page. There are also several online legal resources available, including Fastcase, EBSCO Legal Information Reference Center, and HeinOnline. Additionally, we provide links to free online legal information via our website. See the Research tab. You might also like to use our Research Guides.
Some frequently used sites include the following:
- Hamilton County Help Center
- Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati
- Which court does what?
- Ohio Legal Help website
- Free Ohio legal research information
- FindLaw's Cases and Codes :: Caselaw
- Daily case updates
- Harvard Caselaw Access Project (Citation Lookup for cases)
- Research Cincinnati and other local city laws
- Find a lawyer (Online directory)
- Find Hamilton County phone numbers
- Law Dictionary
- Pay Cincinnati parking tickets
- Coalition on Homelessness and Housing in Ohio
- SmartMoney Community Services (Financial counseling and economic education)
- Confirm your court date
- Read the Hamilton County Small Claims Guide
- Find a local court form
- How to Research a Legal Problem: A Guide for Non-Lawyers
- FreeAdvice: Ask a Lawyer
- LawHelp.org (Legal aid programs)
- State Legislative History Research Guides
- Womenslaw.org (help all genders, not just women)
- Ohio Domestic Violence Network (ODVN)