This week is National Library Week, a time where we celebrate libraries and all that they contribute to our communities. This year's theme is "Libraries Transform." We at the Hamilton County Law Library hope the services we offer serve this purpose for you. Whether through access to resources and technology, expert research assistance, or facilities where you can meet with clients or interact with colleagues, the Law Library has a lot to offer. In honor of National Library Week we will be featuring a "Librarian of the Day" each day of the week.
Today's featured librarian is our newest member of the library staff, Vanessa Seeger. Vanessa joined us in January. She previously worked as the Youth Services Librarian at the Clermont County Public Library and as the Digital Asset Management Librarian at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center. She obtained her MLIS from UK, where she spent several semesters working in the College of Law library. Vanessa also has experience as a legal secretary.
A few things about Vanessa, in her own words:
- I'm a huge Harry Potter nerd and even own my own wand. I dress up as Hermione every year for Halloween.
- I collect really unique coffee cups. My favorites are one in the shape of a rocket booster from Kennedy Space center and one in the shape of the Tower of London with an ax as a handle.
- My favorite part about being a librarian is the sense of satisfaction you get when you find an answer. Librarians are what happens when little know-it-alls grow up.
- My favorite question was from a pro se patron who wanted to know the penalty for bigamy. I just feel like there has to be a really good story behind that question.
- And, of course, I have my two cats and my 50 pound dog who is convinced she is also a cat.
Tune in tomorrow to see who will be featured next!