Great news! The Law Library will be open more hours beginning Monday, March 8. In order to maintain the health and safety of patrons and staff, things will still be a little different. A few things to note about this stage of reopening:
- The Law Library facility will be open Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm.
- On-site access will still be limited to attorneys and their staff, subscribers, government employees and press.
- Attorneys may meet with clients on site, but the facility will not be open to the general public.
- We encourage the public to use expanded services with our Virtual Reference Desk until full reopening.
- Patrons should enter the library from the 6th Floor entrance, near the elevator.
- Access to enter the library via the 5th Floor will be restricted.
- Patrons will sign in and out of the library by checking in with library staff. This will be a contactless process.
- We will follow all orders put forth by the courts about building access. The most recent are available, here.
- Access to conference rooms will be by appointment only. Appointments can be made on our website, by email, by phone at 946-5300 or on-site. We will have restrictions for the number of persons permitted per room.
Services and Books:
- We will not offer notary service or coffee in this phase.
- All books should be returned to the book drops.
- CLEs will continue to be done by webinar.
Health and Safety:
- Masks will be required, in accordance with court orders.
- Any individuals exhibiting signs of respiratory infection may be denied access.
- Social distancing of at least 6 feet must be observed by patrons and staff at all times.
- We will engage in frequent cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces.
We know that this is a lot to remember, so please don’t hesitate to reach out to Lauren with any questions. These protocols will likely evolve over time as we adapt to best meet your needs and keep on top of this dynamic situation. We will work hard to keep you informed about changes as they happen.
Law Librarian and Director