With the signing of President Trump’s executive order “Suspension of Issuance of Visas and Other Immigration Benefits to Nationals of Countries of Particular Concern”, immigration law and permanent resident rights have topped the list of issues of concern for many in the legal community. Below is a list of resources available at the Hamilton County Law Library to help the public and our members stay informed.
Remember, all print resources and electronic materials available in Fastcase and HeinOnline can be accessed for free in the library during business hours. Electronic materials available in Westlaw and Hannah (Capitol Connection) are available to members of the library either in the library or delivered to their email during regular business hours.
- Bender’s Immigration Bulletin (current)
- Criminal Defense of Immigrants (2003) / Norton Tooby and Katherine Brady
- Fiancé & marriage visas [electronic resource] : a couple's guide to U.S. immigration / by Ilona M. Bray ; updated by Ruby Lieberman. (2010)
- Federal habeas corpus practice and procedure / Randy Hertz, James S. Liebman (2015)
- The essential guide to federal employment laws : [electronic resource] / Lisa Guerin and Amy DelPo (2011)
- Immigration and expatriation law for the estate planner / by Michael A. Heimos (current)
- Immigration practice / Robert C. Divine, updated for this edition by R. Blake Chisa(2014)
- Immigration procedures handbook.
- Immigration trial handbook / by Anna Marie Gallagher and Maria Baldini-Potermin (2016)
- Kurzban's immigration law sourcebook : a comprehensive outline and reference tool / Ira J. Kurzban (current)
- Reforming the immigration system : proposals to promote independence, fairness, efficiency, and professionalism in the adjudication of removal cases : executive summary / prepared by Arnold & Porter L (2010)
- Steel on immigration law / Richard D. Steel (2012)
- U.S. citizenship and naturalization handbook (2017)
- Understanding immigration law / Kevin R. Johnson ... [et al.]. (2009)
- Immigration Law in the Workplace
- Immigration employment compliance handbook / by Austin T. Fragomen, Jr., Careen Shannon and Daniel Montalvo (2011)
- Employing International Workers (2011)
- Immigration Law and Procedure in a nut shell (2011)
- Harvard Civil rights – civil liberties law review [electronic resource] (current)
- Civil rights and civil liberties litigation : the law of section 1983. Sheldon H. Nahmod (current)
Countless up-to-date online materials including journals from prestigious institutions like the American Bar Association and every major law school in the country. Members can sign up with the library for legislation or case tracking and be notified when any movement happens on a bill or docket of interest to them.
Up-to-date and accurate information on Immigration: Cases, Statutes & Court Rules, Regulations, Administrative Decisions & Guidance, Secondary Sources, Forms, Briefs, Trial Court Documents, Expert Materials, Proposed & Enacted Legislation, Proposed & Adopted Regulations.
Searching on all published documents from the Executive Office of the President through Westlaw, including Executive Orders and Memoranda.
Contact the library today to find out more.