Donated Historical Law Books

The Hamilton County Law Library recently received a donation of historical Ohio law books, including several volumes of the Ohio Weekly Bulletin, Ohio Nisi Prius Reports and records from the Cincinnati Superior Court, supplementing our collection with materials contemporaneous to the Courthouse riots and fire of 1884.  All books were thoughtfully donated by Lewis G. Gatch of the Lewis G. Gatch Law Office. The books are originally from the office of Lewis N. Gatch who entered practice with John W. Herron with whom he “read law” in the 1880s.

For more information about the 1884 Courthouse riot and fire and the subsequent rebuilding of our collection, please take a look at the History section of our website.